SilverStripe 4 is the latest version of the SilverStripe content management system. Released on November 8th, 2017. Developed over 2+ years by the SilverStripe team and open source contributors.
- First major release with a Long Term Stability (LTS) commitment. This means the 4.X release will be fully supported until mid 2019, with security fixes through to mid 2021.
- An investment into ReactJS in the CMS paving the way for a richer and faster user experience.
- A new look for the CMS, that is also responsive thanks to using a maintainable Bootstrap solution for the CSS.
- A more comprehensive versioning solution
- Better filesystem abstraction
- New Campaigns user interface allowing larger teams to manage and publish changes across multiple pages and other content elements together.
One feature we're really looking forward to is core support for a module that provides Content blocks. This will be a whole new way to manage content in the CMS and we can't wait to see what the SilverStripe team does.